Your privacy is very important to me. At Baked Glass Creations I have a few fundamental principles that I follow:
- I won’t ask you for personal information unless I truly need it.
- I won’t share your personal information with anyone except to fill an order, comply with the law, or protect my rights.
- I won’t store personal information unless required for the on-going operation of my business.
Information I Collect
Gathering of Non-Personally-Identifying Information
Like most website operators, Baked Glass Creations collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Baked Glass Creations purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Baked Glass Creations’ visitors use its website.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Baked Glass Creations’ websites choose to interact with Baked Glass Creations in ways that require me to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Baked Glass Creations gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, I ask visitors who comment on my blog to provide a username and email address. For those who wish to receive updates via email, I collect their emails. In each case, Baked Glass Creations collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfil the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Baked Glass Creations. Baked Glass Creations does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. Visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. I do not receive any credit card or bank details. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewellery, for example), if you contact me directly, or subscribe to my email newsletter.
Baked Glass Creations may collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its websites. However, Baked Glass Creations does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances.
Baked Glass Creations discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Baked Glass Creations’s behalf or to provide services available at Baked Glass Creations’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Baked Glass Creations’ websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Baked Glass Creations will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Baked Glass Creations discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Baked Glass Creations believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Baked Glass Creations, third parties or the public at large.
If you have supplied your email address, Baked Glass Creations may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Baked Glass Creations and my products. I primarily use my product blogs to communicate this type of information so these emails will be kept to a minimum.
Baked Glass Creations takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Comments and other content submitted to Akismet anti-spam service are not saved unless they were marked as false positives, in which case it is stored long enough to improve the service to avoid future false positives.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, your personal information may be transferred to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely separately, alternatively, and independently on the following legal bases to transfer your information:
The European Commission has adopted standard contractual clauses (also known as Model Clauses), which provide safeguards for personal information that is transferred outside of Europe. Etsy often use these Model Clauses when transferring personal information outside of Europe. You can request a copy of their Model Clauses by emailing email@example.com.
Etsy, Inc. does not participate in Privacy Shield at this time. However, Etsy Ireland UC may rely on the EU-US Privacy Shield to transfer personal information to some of our third party service providers in the United States, where they are certified to receive such information under the Privacy Shield Program.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, C Baker, is the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact them via this website. Alternately, you may mail them at:
C Baker PO BOX 15707, Bathgate United Kingdom EH48 9DH